Almond & raisin gingerbread men
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 180°c and line a baking tray with some grease proof paper.
- Start off by adding the ground almonds, flour, date syrup, dates, coconut oil and water into a food processor and blend until everything is well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the raisins and blend again until the mixture has become slightly sticky and you can mould it with your hands. Pour in the raisins and pulse for a few seconds just to insure that they are distributed throughout your dough.
- Take the gingerbread mix and flatten it out onto a kitchen surface/chopping board and cut out your gingerbread men. Place the gingerbreads onto the baking tray and repeat this process until all of the dough has been used up.
- Bake these in the oven for around 12 minutes or until they look nice and golden. Leave these to cool for around 15 minutes and enjoy, perhaps with a nice cup of hot chocolate or tea!