All of the recipes I post on here are obviously all things that I’ve eaten and enjoyed, but there are certain things that I continue to make time and time again and are a real staple in my diet. This crumble is one of those things. Crumble is one of my absolute favourite, favourite desserts and this is probably the most delicious one I’ve made to date! It’s such a quick and simple thing to throw together after dinner, if you fancy something sweet, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen baking and still want to stay on track with eating well. Although this is slightly higher on the carby side, it’s also full of amazing nutrients and all of these things are what I would think of as ‘good’ carbs as there’s nothing refined or unnatural! Plus.. carbs are not the enemy anyway.. and a lot of them are incredibly tasty!
Banana crumble might sound a little out of the ordinary, but I think it’s actually one of the most amazing crumble fillings that I’ve EVER had. When the banana cooks it’s just the most incredibly sweet, gooey, delicious thing, especially when paired with the gorgeous fruity bursts of berry flavour. Another thing that makes this crumble a little different is the coconut topping. The coconut chips add an amazing subtle coconutty flavour and texture variation, along with the crisp oaty topping.
Might I add, the crumble is also delicious cold the next day and doesn’t need to just be saved for dessert.. it also makes an amazing breakfast option too! I love tucking into a little left over crumble for a quick and nutritious breakfast that tastes like you’re getting to eat dessert for breakfast.. what could be better?
- 1 1/2 cup jumbo oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp Reishi Honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch of pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat your oven 180c and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a saucepan, gently melt the coconut oil and Reishi honey until completely melted.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour over the melted honey and coconut oil mixture and stir until all everything is completely coated in the honey mixture.
- Pour this onto the lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for around 16 minutes. Toss half way through to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- Once your granola is a gorgeous golden brown colour and the kitchen smells amazing, allow it to cool then serve and enjoy!