Jam & granola crumble bars
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 11/2 cup frozen mixed summer berries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (can add more depending on how sweet you’d like it)
- Splash of water
- Granola of choice- I’ve used Planet Organic paleo granola in berry flavour (Link is down bellow)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a baking tray with greese proof paper.
- To make the base, place the oats into a food processor and blend for a few seconds to form a rough flour texture.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend everything together until well combined and slightly stick.
- Press this mixture into the base of the tray, creating an nice and even flat surface. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- To make the jam, heat the berries in a saucepan oven a medium heat and add a slash of water. Once they have started to break down and release some of the juices, you should be able to mash them with a fork or wooden spoon the speed up the cooking process.
- When your berries have cooked down, stir through the chia seeds and maple syrup and allow to thicken. Transfer into a dish and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, once the base has finished cooking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Once the base and jam have cooled down, spread a generous layer of the jam over the biscuit and top with the granola. Slice into pieces and enjoy!