You’ve probably noticed from my Instagram feed, I’ve developed somewhat of an obsession with making soups recently. I love to embrace the seasons and am definitely making the most of the colder weather and Autumnal vibes. I’ve made so many soups lately, I’m not sure which one is my favourite.. however, this was definitely a firm favourite with my boyfriend, mainly because it contains cheese! I feel like this would be a great way to encourage someone to eat a pretty green soup, without it actually tasting green at all!
Another thing that I’ve been loving recently is: potatoes! For years I would only eat sweet potatoes and for some obsurd reason I tended to demonise white potatoes. Not only are white potatoes incredibly delicious, but they also have various different nutritional properties. I feel like every day my relationship with food grows and develops and I’m quickly learning to realise that it’s not as simple as labelling foods as ‘good’ and ‘bad’ foods. Foods have different nutritional properties and some can be more or less nutritious than others. In the case of potatoes, I wouldn’t say that one is significantly better than the other.. they are just different. I’m so happy that I’ve now started to develop my relationship with food and approach things differently. It’s enabled me to dramatically reduce the amount of restriction that I feel and I now have so much more flexibility and freedom! The addition, of potato in the soup makes this dish really hearty and creamy.
This really is the perfect winter warmer, with a nice rich depth of flavour from the cheddar. If you’re a cheese lover, then this is the ideal recipe for you. It’s a great way to get lots of veggies into a meal, yet still be able to eat something that taste cheesy! What more do you want ey?! Plus, soups make for wonderful make ahead dishes that you can easily re-heat for a speedy working lunch or dinner if you just don’t feel like cooking after a long day. I’ve also added in some of my new current favourite greens powder from One Earth Blends , which you honestly can’t taste at all.. and its an amazing blend of nettle leaf, chia seeds, spirulina, chlorella and supergreens. I’ve been really enjoying using their range of superfood blends in my recipes lately; they’re really good quality and can so easily be incorporated into every day recipes. Okay.. enough of me waffling on now so I’ll just get on with the recipes!
- 130g broccoli florets
- 1 large garlic clove- crushed
- 40g grated cheddar cheese
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp One Earth Organics Green Goodness powder
- 250g white potatoes
- Black pepper
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and either boil or roast these until cooked through.
- Add the broccoli florets into a pan and sauté these with the crushed garlic until vibrant in colour and tender.
- Once all the vegetables are completely cooked, into the pan, add the potatoes, vegetable stock and Green Goodness powder and blend using a hand blender.
- Once the soup is a nice smooth consistency, add in the cheese and season with black pepper. Blend again until completely smooth. Adjust any seasons to taste, then serve and enjoy!