Cacao infused ratatouille
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes 100g chestnut mushrooms 1/2 medium sized aubergine 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 courgette
- Handful of green beans Sea salt and pepper 1/2 can of water
- 2 squares of Well & Happy Midnight chocolate
- Dice the onion and add this into a pan with a little oil. Cook the onion on a medium heat until it starts to soften.
- Crush in the garlic cloves and sauté this until fragrant.
- Chop the aubergine and courgettes into bite-sized pieces and add these into the pan to soften slightly.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and fill the can half way with water, then add this into the pan also. Stir in the tomato puree. Slice the mushrooms and pop these into the pan, as well as the green beans and allow to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and continue to cook until the aubergine is nice and soft- around another 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, once all of the veggies are cooked through and the sauce has thickened a little, pop in the two squares of chocolate and stir these through as they melt into the mixture. Serve with some rice/cauliflower rice and additional protein if you would like.