Caramelised Peach Maca & Vanilla Protein Porridge
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ripe peach
- Tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Tsp Rainforest Foods maca powder
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein (22g)
- Start by slicing your peach in half, removing the stone, then slicing into pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, coconut oil and maca powder and mix to form a paste. Stir this through with the sliced peach and massage into the fruit to insure all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Heat a little coconut oil or spray in a pan over a medium heat and place your peach slices in to cook. Allow these to cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, for the oats.. heat 1 cup of water with your oats over a low- medium heat until most of the liquid has been absorbed. I like to stir the porridge continuously, as I find this helps to create a really creamy texture.
- Once the oats are almost cooked, add in the additional water and protein powder and mix well.
- Pour your cooked porridge into a serving bowl and top with your deliciously sweet & gooey peaches. Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!