Cheesy Pumpkin Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 250g cooked rice (any rice will generally work here) 1 small white onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- 150ml water
- 150ml coconut milk (drinking kind) Olive oil for cooking
- 1 tsp One Earth Blends Rejuvenate Your Soul Blend 40g grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil and parmesan to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 185c.
- Chop around 2 cups of pumpkin into cubes and pop these onto a baking tray. Drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil and season with sea salt. Pop this into the oven for around 30 minutes to bake. Once the pumpkin is lovely and soft, it’s ready!
- Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic clove. Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add in your onion. Sauté this until translucent, then add in your garlic.
- Once these are completely cooked and fragrant, in a blender, combine these with the water, cooked pumpkin, 2/3 of the coconut milk and a generous seasoning of black pepper and blend until smooth and creamy. If your sauce is too thick, then feel free to add more liquid.
- Pour the pumpkin sauce into a pan and stir in your cooked rice. Heat this over a low heat and care- fully stir everything together. Add in the One Earth Blends powder, cheddar cheese, the remaining coconut milk and season to taste with salt if needed.
- Carefully fold everything together and allow to cook until piping hot. Try not to stir this too much, to prevent it becoming stodgy. If you find the mixture too thick, you can add a little more water or coconut milk until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Serve and top with some shaved parmesan, more black pepper and fresh basil.