Curried sweet potato & chickpea pancakes with lemon tahini dressing
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/3 tsp mild curry powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves of garlic- crushed
- Mixed herbs
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp light tahini
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Small garlic clove-crushed
- Black pepper
- 1 egg per person
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add all of the pancake ingredients apart from the flour into a blender or food processor and blitz until well combined. You’re looking for something with a chunky hummus kind of consistency.
- Stir in the flour to thicken the mixture and adjust seasonings to taste.
- hat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and once the pan is nice and hot, add a dollop of the mixture into the pan and gently flatten to make a small pancake shape. Repeat this for as many pancakes as you can fit into your pan.
- Cook until nicely browned and crisp and then flip and cook on the other side.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined and completely smooth.
- To serve, stack the pancakes on top of a bed of fresh rocket, top with a fried egg and add a drizzle of the sauce and some juicy pom seeds. Enjoy!