I’ve recently found myself waking up with some serious cravings for porridge most mornings this week. Although my apartment is usually absolutely boiling regardless of the weather, yesterday our hot water was off for the whole day, so we experienced our first evening of actually needing to wear a jumper or dressing gown in doors. I’m also pretty sure that I consumed not one, but two bowls of porridge yesterday, as I fancied something warming and cosy to dig into. This is so delicious, it’s basically like eating dessert for breakfast!
The double chocolate comes from the chocolate protein powder, cacao powder.. and you could even make that triple chocolate if you choose to add some chopped dark chocolate chunks in there too! This I would highly recommend, as they become all gooey and melty, which is just SO tasty! The addition of the blackberries gives you a lovely burst of sweetness amongst the rich, chocolatey indulgence.
This has become my go-to winter breakfast meal and also pre-workout meal/snack too. I always find that this leaves me feeling full of energy before training and it’s a nice treat to look forward to eating. I always say that enjoying what you eat is so important and this is genuinely a dish that I really love! Oats are a great source of slow releasing carbohydrates
Double Chocolate Blackberry Oats
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 11/2 cup water
- 20g chocolate vegan protein
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Handful fresh blackberries
- Combine the oats and water in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Continuously stir the porridge until thickened, then reduce to a low heat.
- Stir through the protein powder, cacao and salt until smooth and creamy. You might need to add a little more water if the oats are too thick,
- Serve and top with the blackberries and other toppings of choice and tuck in!
- Serving Size: 1