Raw Valentines Chocolate cheesecake
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dates
- Small tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/3 cup soft dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 31/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut butter
- Tsp freeze dried berry powder
- Tsp maple sugar/syrup
- Almond milk
- For the base of the cake, add the almonds into your food processor and blitz on their own for a few seconds until slightly crushed. Pour in the remaining base ingredients and blend again until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a small cake tin and firmly press down to create a smooth base. (I like to use a tin with a removable base for this.) Leave this in the freezer whilst you make the cheesecake layer.
- Drain and rinse your cashews and add them into a food processor or high speed blender along with the dates, cacao powder, date syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add a splash of water to help everything blend if needed.
- Pour the filling over the cheesecake base and allow this to set in the freezer for at least three hours.
- To make the berry sauce, combine the nut butter, berry powder, maple sugar and almond milk and mix until smooth. Add more almond milk until you’re left with a pourable consistency.
- Once your cake is set, remove it from the tin and transfer onto a serving plate. Drizzle with the sauce and top with garnishing of your choice.