Seeing as it was my birthday yesterday, I thought it would be an excellent time to share an indulgent cake recipe with you all! I’ve recently developed a rather strong relationship with Oppo Ice Cream- if you haven’t tried this stuff yet, then I would highly recommend trying to get your hands on some! This cake consists of four indulgent and delicious layers of sweet chocolate, peanut butter and caramel goodness! I don’t think that I could possible choose a favourite, even if I wanted to!
For the base of the cake, I opted for a chocolatey, fudgey raw brownie base with sweet dates, nuts and cacao powder. If the salted caramel ice cream wasn’t going to be enough, I’ve added in a layer of sweet peanut butter caramel; an amazing combination of smooth peanut butter and maple syrup. I seemed to have forgotten just how tasty maple syrup actually is until the other day. There are so many different variations of natural sweeteners and I like to try and alternative between them to mix things up a little. On top of this, we have the star of the show.. Salted Caramel Oppo Ice Cream! This stuff is pretty amazing I must admit! There’s something like 70ish calories per serving and made without sugar! They have a variety of different flavours as well as this one: mint chocolate swirl, vanilla and chocolate & hazel nut. I love all of the flavours to be honest, but I think that the caramel works really nicely with the chocolate and peanut butter combo.
To top everything off.. it wouldn’t really be an ice cream cake without a crisp chocolate topping to drip all down the sides of the cake now would it? I tried out something a little different from my regular chocolate mix for this and used some of my favourite Choc Shot from Sweet Freedom. I absolutely love these products; they’re amazing fro drizzling over pancakes, porridge, baked goods and using to garnish sweet treats like this one! They’re basically squeezy bottles of chocolate sauce, sweetened with fruit sugars. You can get a variety of different flavours- the coconut one is probably my favourite and they can usually be found in stores like Wholefoods, Holland & Barrett and I think now some Boots stores as well!
Seeing as this cake does have FOUR layers and is rather indulgent, I think it would be an excellent option for a special occasion like birthdays or Summer party’s. If you do give this recipe a try, I hope you enjoy It and try not to eat about 5 slices all in one go!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tbsp cacao
- Peanut butter layer:
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 400ml Oppo Salted Caramel Ice cream
- Chocolate Layer:
- 4 tbsp Sweet freedom Choc Shot
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Dark chocolate and fresh cherries to garnish.
- For the cake base, add the pecans into a food processor and blitz for a few seconds to crush them into smaller pieces.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder and blend again until well combined.
- Pour this into the base of a small-ish loose bottom cake tin and press down into the base of the tin. Pop this into the freezer whilst you prepare the other layers.
- Remove your Oppo from the freezer, to allow it to soften slightly ready to spread over the cake base.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut cream until smooth. Spread this over the brownie base and return the cake to the freezer.
- When the ice cream is nice and soft, pour this over the peanut butter layer and smooth other the surface. Leave this in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, gently melt the coconut oil and combine this with the choc shot. Pour the chocolate mix over the top of the cake and decorate with some chocolate shavings and fresh cherries.