Welcome to the first recipe with the new blog layout, I hope you like it! It’s been something that I’ve been swaying back and forth over for quite some time now and eventually just decided that it was time for a change! Truth be told, I love playing around with my blog layout and am constantly mulling over new designs; but I think you have to be careful not to over do it with these things and constantly change things around, as this can be a little frustrating for people! It’s still a working progress at the moment and there are a fair few tweaks that need to be made here and there, but I’m quite happy with it so far. I wanted it to be really accessible and easy for people to navigate and search for recipes (so I hope that you find this to be the case)- I would love to hear any feedback on the new design if you have any!
Right, for today’s recipe I’m brining to you a singe serving baked oatmeal cookie.. kinda’ thing. I wasn’t exactly sure what to call this, so as you can see, I’ve opted for that fairly long and rambly title there. But, it’s pretty much exactly what it says on the tin; as well as being really quick and simple to make AND absolutely delicious! This makes for a great little dessert to satisfy those post-dinner sweet cravings or even if you wanted to treat yourself to an extra special afternoon snack. To be honest, I suppose you could even enjoy this for breakfast.. because after all, oats, protein powder and nut butter are pretty much the staple ingredients for my morning protein porridge!
I’ve been looking for a tasty new evening snack staple for the past few weeks.. and I think I might just have found a winner! I would say, for at least the last two years, I have religiously made myself a little greek yoghurt bowl with frozen berries and nut butter for my dessert and I think it might be time to mix things up a little bit! Don’t get me wrong, I do still enjoy my little yoghurt bowls, but I think I might have overdone it a little bit and should probably introduce a little bit of variation into my evenings! This ticks all of the boxes for me really; it’s easy to make, tastes like an indulgent treat, provides a source of protein.. and.. you can add ALL the toppings as you would with oatmeal or yoghurt bowls! In case you were curious, my favourite toppings for things like this are: NUT BUTTER (of course), berries, coconut chips and dark chocolate! I’ve also recently become a little bit obsessed with Choc Shot from a brand called Sweet Freedom- which is a chocolate sauce sweetened with fruit sugars and is totally delicious!
- 1 scoop cookies & cream protein- I used Women's Best about 22g
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp peanut butter- I used Pip & nut crunchy maple peanut
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Combine the oats, protein powder, peanut butter and almond milk and mix well.
- Add in the baking powder and mix again, so that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pop this into a small baking dish. Break the chocolate into small pieces and scatter these through the cookie dough.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes. Serve warm with toppings of your choice. I love adding an extra drizzle of nut butter and here I've also topped it with some of my favourite Oppo Ice cream (if you haven't tried this stuff yet, then you really should!)