Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup ground almonds 1/3 cup pitted dates Tbsp coconut oil
- Tsp Maca powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon Pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice Coconut milk for blending
- 3 tbsp Pic’s Almond Butter
- One can of coconut milk (left in the freezer for 1-2 hours)
- 1 tbsp agave
- Dash of vanilla
- To make the pie, begin by creating the crust. To do this, add the pecans into a food processor and pulse these for a few seconds until slightly crushed.
- Add in the remaining crust ingredients and blend so that everything is well combined and slightly sticky when pressed together.
- Pour this into a loose bottom cake tin ( I used a pretty small one- 15cm deep pan) and press the mix- ture into the base and around the sides, to create a wall to hold the pie pilling.
- Pop this into the freezer to firm up, whilst you prepare the pumpkin layer.
- For the filling, combine the pumpkin puree, pitted dates, coconut oil, almond butter, spice and a splash of coconut milk in a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add in the cashews and a little more coconut milk (can drizzle this as you blend to help everything mix) and blend this until you’re left with a completely smooth, velvety mixture.
- Pour this into your pie crust and allow the cake to set in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the creamy topping, scoop the thick cream from the top of your frozen coconut milk and whisk this with an electric whisk until thick and voluminous. Add in the vanilla and sweetener and whisk again.
- Remove the cake from the tin and garnish with your whipped cream.