Warm, soft, gooey peanut butter cookies.. still slightly warm out the oven, topped with a decadently sweet drizzle and crisp sea salt. Tempted yet? Well luckily enough, these babies are super quick and easy to make, you could probably get the whole thing done in less than half an hour! I mean, half an hour for a batch of tasty, peanut butter loaded treats.. don’t mind if I do.
I’ve teamed up with Of The Earth Superfoods to bring you these delightful little treats, featuring their yacon syrup. I’m a big fan of experimenting in the kitchen and love trying out new and different ingredients to jazz up my recipes. Natural sweeteners are something that I really do like to interchange, as there are now so many of them on the market; all of which I find to have quite different and distinctive flavours and textures. I had used yacon syrup previously a little while ago, but it’s not something that I’d had for quite some time; so was keen to get my bake on and give it a go.
It’s a dark coloured syrup and looks quite similar to date nectar in terms of colour and consistency. The flavour is super sweet and caramelised and the slightly gooey texture is amazing when making sweet recipes, as I find this helps to bind other ingredients together. The hints of caramel create a truly delicious flavour combination against the peanut butter; but in my opinion, what doesn’t peanut butter work well with?! Then again, I am somewhat of a peanut butter addict, so my opinion is probably a little biased!
Another wonderful thing about this little cookie recipe, is that it only requires 6 ingredients- all of which are pretty wholesome and things that I usually have lying around in my kitchen cupboards anyway. They’re actually flourless; and instead I’ve used a combination of ground oats and cashew nuts. I’ve then used a combination of the yacon syrup, coconut oil and peanut butter to bind the dry ingredients- so these cookies are also vegan and refined sugar free too!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp Yacon Syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175c and line a tray with baking paper.
- Pop the cashews and oats into your food processor and pulse these on their own for a few seconds, so that they're slightly crushed.
- Add in the peanut butter, yacon syrup, coconut oil and a good pinch of sea salt and process everything until all of the ingredients are well combined and form a dough like texture.
- Roll small amounts of the mixture into balls, then press down slightly to form cookies.
- Pop these onto your baking tray and pop into the oven for around 9 minutes. Cooking times can vary depending on your oven, but you want the cookies to be golden in colour and slightly crisp around the edges.
- Transfer onto a wire wrack and allow to cool.
- Top with a sprinkling of sea salt and extra drizzle of yacon syrup.