For this recipe, I’ve collaborated with We Are Tea– who make an incredible selection of loose leaf and pyramid tea bags in a an amazing array of different flavours. They’re delicious on their own and to infuse into recipes such as jams, porridge, cakes and smoothies. This is also a collaboration with a gorgeous homeware brand: Maisons Du Monde who’s stuff I am always crushing over.. so if you haven’t already, I would definitely recommend checking them out! They have so many beautiful kitchen, furniture and other homeware items, I could honestly spend hours browsing their site!
These pancakes have been my current favourite breakfast, ever since I made them for myself on pancake day morning. They’re super soft, sweet and fluffy in texture; plus they contain a decent serving of protein, so are also perfect for my post-workout meal. I’ve used a vegan vanilla protein blend for this recipe, but you could experiment with different flavours if you like. I typically just stick to chocolate and vanilla when it comes to protein powders because these are generally the safer options.
These are a pretty simple pancake recipe and I usually have all of the ingredients already in my kitchen on a day to day basis. You can pretty much just pop everything into your blender, whiz everything up and you’re ready to key cooking up those pancakes! Of course, one of the best parts of making pancakes is getting to decorate them with your favourite toppings! Some of my favourite options consist of nut butter, fresh berries, maple syrup and jam.. I’m LOVING jam at the moment! I feel like it’s one of those things that’s actually rather underrated, but jam is seriously tasty.. especially with some peanut butter.
Banana Protein Pancakes With Berry Compote
- 1 banana
- 25g vegan vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Splash almond milk
- Pinch salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 3 Tbsp brewed We Are Tea Super Berry Tea
- Large handful frozen or fresh blueberries
- Tbsp chia seeds Tsp maple syrup
- To make the pancake batter, combine the protein powder, banana, egg, oat flour, salt, baking powder and milk and blend until smooth.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and allow to cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side, then repeat this with the remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, to make the compote, heat the berries with the tea until nicely melted. Stir through the chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Stack up your pancakes and top with the berry compote and some fresh fruit.