GF Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (or other gluten free flour)
- 150g grated carrot
- Handful raisins
- Dash vanilla extract
- Tbsp fresh orange juice (we used blood oranges)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch salt
- Tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- Dash of vanilla powder/extract
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a tray with cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar and coconut oil and ream these together.
- Stir through the brown rice syrup and vanilla until everything is well combined.
- Then, crack in the eggs and beat these into the mixture. Once these are well mixed in, stir through the grated carrot.
- Now, add in all of the remaining dry ingredients, saving the raisins, and fold everything together until you’re left with a nice smooth batter (apart from the carrot). Now, stir through the raisins so that they’re evenly distributed.
- Divide this into the cupcake cases and pop these into the oven for around 15-20 minutes until cooked through and golden on top.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool on a wire wrack.
- For the frosting, place all of the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Adjust any sweetness to taste. You can pop this into the fridge to thicken whilst your cakes are cooling, which will also help to make it easier to frost or pipe.
- When your cupcakes have cooled, spread each of them with a generous helping of the icing and decorate with toppings of choice.