This is a recipe that I’ve been spoiled excited to share with you all and is definitely up there with one of my January favourites! These peanut butter cookies are literally one of the most quick and simple baking recipes ever and taste SO delicious! They’re sweet, salty, nutty and chocolatey all at the same time! they’re also completely plant based and both gluten and refined sugar free! I’ve teamed up with Holland & Barrett for Veganuary and was so excited to get creative in the kitchen to come up with a few plant based alternative recipes!
Most of my recipes on here are in fact vegan friendly, although I’m not strictly plant based myself. I have however been trying to incorporate more plant focussed meals into my lifestyle over the past year and it’s definitely something that I’ve been doing more and more without realising. I’ve always been a huge fan of fruit and veggies, so it’s not something that I’ve found too difficult. I’ve always loved creating vegan recipes and eating at vegan restaurants, so I know that this is definitely something that could fit really well with my lifestyle!
There are now so many incredible vegan alternatives on the markets to snacks, ready meals, ingredients, take out dishes.. we really are so lucky now! I love creating alternatives to classic dishes like pizzas, pastas and obviously desserts!
These are a great thing to make if you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or something to take along to work with you. They only require one mixing bowl and wooden spoon- no fancy equipment! And are super quick to bake in the oven! You can also actually eat the cookie dough straight from the bowl if you would prefer..
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 5 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 5 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Large handful chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and agave into a mixing bowl and beat together.
- Mix in the flour and sea salt until you’re left with a thick cookie dough.
- Carefully fold through the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out balls of the mixture and lay these onto the baking sheet. Flatten each of the cookies with a fork, then pop these into the oven to bake for around 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.