Overnight oats are a staple breakfast for those times when you need something quick to grab and go when you run out the door of a morning. I love experimenting with different flavours and then of course layering on ALL the toppings. Anyone who knows me, will know that I LOVE anything lemon flavoured.. so this combo is one of my current personal favourites!
These kinda of recipes are super quick and easy to throw together, you cam literally prep your breakfast in less than five minutes. They’re also really easy to pop into a container, ready to take in your bag with you the following morning. I love including oats in my breakfast, as they’re a great slow releasing carb and source of fibre. They’re also a really cheap ingredient to purchase and you can stock up in bulk- as they come in vert handy for so many recipes!
To make these extra creamy and delicious, I’ve added in some coconut milk, which is my current favourite; and also a generous spoonful of cashew butter. I’m still so obsessed with nut butters after all these years and cashew will forever be my favourite! It’s just so creamy, sweet and delicious with just about everything! I do vary between being a smooth and crunchy fan, but at the moment I think I’m definitely swaying towards the smooth side! Nut butters as so handy to have stashed in the cupboard for snacking, toppings and recipes! They’re a great way to add extra plant based healthy fats into your diet and make the most incredible home made satay sauces!
Ingredients- Serves 2
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 1 cup coconut milk (drinking kind)
- Tbsp Agave/maple syrup
- Zest from one lemon
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice to taste
- Tbsp Pic’s Cashew Butter
- In a bowl, combine the oats, coconut milk, lemon juice, zest and sweetener then mix everything until fully combined.
- Stir through the cashew butter, then pop into the fridge overnight to thicken.
- In the morning, serve with toppings of choice and dig in! I love adding fresh fruit, home made berry jam and of course, more nut butter!