I’ve always been a fan of a good salad bowl and love throwing together a whole host of random veggie bits and bobs to create a delicious rainbow bowl of goodness! They’re a great way to use up leftovers and also include extra portions of veggies into your day. This particular bowl is Mediterranean themed and is bursting with those delicious, rich flavours!
You’ll probably have noticed that I’ve recently been really getting into my olives and found that they’re actually amazing for adding an incredible depth of flavour into recipes when making sauces, pasta, salads, dips and so much more! They have such a vibrant flavour and really add a whole other dimension to your dish!
I’ve always been a huge salad person and I absolutely love veggies. I could quite happily eat whole plates of vegetables on their own (this might make me a little bit weird, I’m aware!) Salad bowls are a great way to jazz up your veg, rather than tucking into a plate of limp lettuce leaves. Here we’ve got a wide variety of texture, flavours and both hot and cold food. My favourite part is definitely the dip, which is a super creamy and delicious garlicky tahini ‘mayo’. I’m so obsessed with making tahini dressings and obviously anything with garlic is just delicious.
Serves 2- Ingredients
- 2 Large handfuls mixed lettuce
- Handful fresh cherry tomatoes
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- Half cucumber
- 1 pack Fragata olives seasoned with garlic and thyme Handful Fragata
- Roasted red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp light tahini
- Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice 1/2 lemon
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch chilli flakes Splash of water
- 1 clove garlic
- Tbsp olive oil
- Slice the mushrooms and peppers and add these into a frying pan with a dash of olive oil and a crushed garlic clove.
- Sauté over medium to high heat and season with salt and pepper until golden and slightly crisp on the edges.
- Assemble your bowls with all of the fresh veggies and olives.
- To make the sauce, mix together the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil and then crush in the garlic clove. Mix well and add as little or as much water as needed. Season to taste with salt pepper and chilli if you like.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the bowls or serve on the side and tuck in!