It’s a Friday morning, I’m currently sitting here in my Pj’s surrounded by the mess of this mornings cooking, dreaming of these delicious pancakes! I love making pancakes and experimenting with different recipes- they’re also one of my favourite things to photograph because you can get really creative with different toppings and decoration!
I had to give this one a good few tries to get this one just right, so now I’m super happy with them! Vegan pancakes took me a little bit longer to start to master because I’ve always found it harder to get that fluffy, just right texture without the use of eggs. However, after a considerable amount of trial and error I’m pretty happy with how these have turned out!
Peanut butter is without a doubt, one of my favourite flavours and is something that I use In I’d say well over 50% of my recipes! I always have a huge stash of the stuff in my cupboards- such a key kitchen staple for me! I love making pancakes when I have a little bit of extra time in the morning, or if I have guests over for breakfast! They’re a really delicious sweet treat to have of a morning and can be served with a selection of different toppings, so there’s usually something for everyone!
These pancakes are completely plant based and also free from gluten and refined sugar! I’ve recently tried to be a lot more on the ball with trying to insure that I’m not consuming too many foods containing gluten, as they do really irritate my stomach. I tend to be very relaxed around this, especially when eating out, but I have definitely noticed a difference since pretty much cutting it out. This is obviously something which is completely personal to me and is definitely not necessary for everyone.
- Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup almond/coconut/oat milk
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 ripe banana
- Tbsp agave syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash vanilla extract/powder
- Tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Tbsp agave syrup
- Almond milk
- In a blender, combine all of the pancake ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat and pour in a small amount of the mixture. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat this for the remaining mixture.
- To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, agave syrup, then gradually drizzle in a little milk whilst staring until you’re left with a pourable consistency.
- Serve your pancakes stacked with your favourite toppings and a good drizzle of the sauce.
- One Pan Olive & Tomato Pasta
- The Best Salted Peanut butter Granola
- Vegan, No Bake Carrot Cake Bars With Berry Frosting
- Porcini Mushroom Risotto
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread