If you’re In search of the perfect breakfast to surprise your mum with in bed on Mother’s Day, then these pancakes are just the ticket! They’re sweet, fluffy and made with wholesome, natural ingredients. They also really couldn’t be a lot simpler to throw together. You’ll just need to whizz everything together in a blender and get cooking your pancakes!
Gluten free pancakes, especially oat pancakes actually, can often be a little dry and rather dense.. which is obviously not what anyone wants now is it? These however, are none of the above and also kinda’ healthy for you, which basically gives you zero excuses not to make them for your next weekend breakfast!
Something else that I love to do with this recipe is add in fresh berries or even a dollop of nut butter into the centre. Then, when you cut open the pancake, you have some delicious warmed berries or melted nut butter oozing out the middle!
Another great thing about pancakes, is obviously the fact that you can layer them with as many different toppings as humanly possible! Here I’ve gone with a decadent helping of rich, dark chocolate and fresh raspberries.. such a perfect combination!
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 heaped cup oats
- Heaped Tbsp vegan protein powder (I used coconut flavour from The Good Guru)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Toppings- dark chocolate and fresh berries
- In a blender, combine the banana, eggs, oats, protein powder, vanilla, salt and baking powder and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
- Pour in a little of the mixture and cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat this until all of the mixture has been used, then stack your pancakes and garnish with all of the incredible toppings!