This is the ideal Monday night meal that’s simple, quick, makes minimal mess and won’t break the bank. It’s the first day back at work and you’re after something warming and fuss free that you can throw together in no time at all. Pasta was always the go to in my house for such an occasion and this trumps that with the convenience because the entire dish can be cooked up in a single saucepan. This also means very minimal washing up, which I can resoundingly say that I am a huge fan of!
Despite being completely plant based and therefore, dairy free, I can’t get over just how indulgent and creamy tasting the sauce is! I’ve simply added in a spoonful of smooth cashew butter once the pasta was almost cooked to create that velvety, decadent consistency. It’s a great shortcut when making vegan cream sauces, as it’s far quicker than making a roux based sauce or blending up a cashew cream.
You could also add in some extra veggies such as tender-stem broccoli, mushrooms or spinach for some added nutrients! I also really love mixing through some veggies sausages or roasted chickpeas for a sauce of plant based protein.
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Tsp olive oil
- 1/2 veggie stock cube
- 100g penne pasta (use GF if needed)
- Tbsp @picspeanutbutter cashew butter
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Black pepper to taste
- Dice the onion & garlic and sauté these over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Slice 3/4 of your tomatoes in half and add these into the pan.
- Add your pasta, water and stock then bring to the boil and cook until the pasta is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice the rest of the tomatoes in half and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- Stir through your cashew butter & season to taste with black pepper.
- Garnish with the roasted tomatoes and serve!