Muffins, especially those of the gluten free variety can be somewhat of a challenge to get just right. I’ve experienced my fair share of batched that are too gooey, too dense, too crumbly or simply just don’t have a very nice flavour. Gluten free baking really can be quite challenging however, I really think that you’re going to love this recipe!
These are more of a breakfast scone type texture, than fluffy, cakey muffin. They’re naturally sweetened with banana and Trivia ( a sweetener derived from the stevia leaf) and are completely flourless. I’ve used rolled oats instead, which are a great source of fibre and something that I almost aways love to include into my meals at breakfast times.
I love how the blueberries burst throughout the muffins and release that incredible blue colour. You get little explosions of fruity flavour whenever you bite into the muffins!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia Sweetener
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- Tsp baking powder
- 3 whole eggs
- Pinch salt
- Large Handful blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a food processor, cream together the sweetener, coconut oil, peanut butter and banana until smooth.
- Crack in the eggs and blend everything again.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the dry ingredients.
- Fold through the wet mixture, then gently mix in the blueberries
- Transfer this into the cupcake cases and pop these into the oven to bake for around 25 minutes.
- Once the cakes are cooked through, allow to cool completely on a wire wrack, then store in an airtight container.