These are my current favourite sweet treat; I could honestly eat the entire tray in one sitting.
I’m a complete coffee fiend, so naturally, a dessert which heavily involves both coffee and chocolate is without a doubt, right up my street. They’re rich, chocolatey, slightly crunchy.. and then the layer of creamy chocolate ganache on top is simply to die for!
I’ve been trying out a new coffee blend recently from SuperU which is blended with different kinds of superfood mushroom powders. I actually really love the flavour, as it’s quite rich and earthy, plus mushrooms offer countless amazing health benefits. The entire recipe is no bake- so super easy and no cooking required! They’re also vegan and free from gluten and refined sugar.
These make a great pre-workout snack or something sweet to enjoy mid-morning with a cup of tea. They’re really convenient to carry around in a Tupperware container on the go and great to prep in advance so they’re ready for whenever you need something to grab and go.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- Tsp Mushroom coffee
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Tbsp agave syrup
- 20g chocolate vegan protein powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup
- In a food processor, combine the oats, coconut and dates, then blend these until combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend again so that you’re left with a really sticky, chocolatey consistency. If you don’t feel like your mixture is sticking together enough, you can add in some extra almond butter at this stage.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined brownie tin and firmly down to compress the mixture together. Pop these into the freezer to set for at least two hours.
- To make the frosting, mix together the peanut butter, cacao powder, coconut oil and agave syrup until you’re left with a thick, creamy consistency.
- Spread this over the brownies and pop them back into the freezer for another hour.
- Slice into portions and tuck in.